CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
FRIDAY, JUNE 2, 2017
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AND
THURSDAY, JUNE 15, 2017
NOTICE OF SD 42 DPAC EXECUTIVE ELECTIONS
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
THURSDAY, JUNE 15, 2017 @7PM
GREG MOORE YOUTH CENTRE
As the SD42 District Parents’ Advisory Council will be conducting their Executive Elections on Thursday, June 15, 2017, we are calling for nominations. The nomination form and description of positions are attached.
The DPAC Executive positions are Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Liaison to BCCPAC and Member at Large.
Nominations can be sent through the district internal mail to attention of DPAC, brought to a DPAC meeting or by contacting DPAC Chair Kim Dumore at email@example.com
Deadline for nominations is Friday June 2, 2017.
Please make note that the nominee must be nominated by two PAC and/or DPAC Executive members.
Only the DPAC Representative per PAC may vote. There is only one vote per PAC.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 NOMINATION FORM FOR DPAC EXECUTIVE
The deadline for nominations is Friday, June 2, 2017. Elections will be held on Thursday, June 15, 2017 at our Annual General Meeting at Greg Moore Youth Centre
PLEASE PRINT LEGIBLY: The Nominee will be contacted to confirm their willingness to stand for the position(s).
The DPAC Executive positions are Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Liaison to BCCPAC and Member at Large. It is possible to run for a different position on the Executive if defeated on the first choice position, if indicated on the nomination form.
NOMINATED TO THE POSITION OF:
- ____________________________ 4. _____________________________
- ____________________________ 5. _____________________________
- ____________________________ 6. _____________________________
NAME OF PAC ______________________________
NOMINATING EXECUTIVE MEMBERS:
- Name __________________________ Title _____________________________
Phone _________________________ E-mail ___________________________
- Name _________________________ Title _____________________________
Phone _________________________ E-mail ___________________________
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES of the DPAC EXECUTIVE:
The DPAC Executive will endeavour to achieve these purposes by:
- taking direction from DPAC Members, always ensuring that the majority voice is honoured, supported and clearly represented on behalf of DPAC School District #42 regardless of personal opinion.
- adhering to Council Members majority opinion when advising and/or providing
recommendations to the Board on any issues within S.D. # 42.
- to provide a link between parents, educators, administrators, the Board of Trustees,
the Ministry of Education and community organizations with an interest in education.
- to have a voice in the development of new and revised educational programs within
School District No. 42.
- to provide leadership in developing and understanding the rights and responsibilities
of parents within the education system.
- to help parents become more familiar with the facilities and services of School
District No. 42, thereby ensuring their children’s maximum usage of the school system.
- to provide leadership in initiating, maintaining, encouraging, and further developing
Parent Advisory Councils at the individual school level within School District No. 42.
- promoting a spirit of cooperation within SD #42 by working together with the Parents,
School Board, Staff, Students, Community Organizations and The Ministry of Education, to provide a healthy, safe and supportive environment for all.
SECTION X EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
The affairs of the Council shall be managed by a Board of elected officers and the immediate Past President.
The Executive Officers will be as follows:
- Recording Secretary
- Corresponding Secretary
- Liaison to BCCPAC
- Two or more Members-At-Large
- Past President
SECTION XI DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS
1) shall convene and preside at all membership, special, and executive meetings
2) shall ensure that an agenda is prepared and presented.
3) shall appoint committees where authorized to do so by the executive or membership
4) shall be an ex-officio member to all committees except the Nominating Committee.
5) shall take such actions or ensure that such actions are taken by others to achieve the objectives and purpose of the organization.
6) shall be the official spokesperson for the District Parent Advisory Council
7) shall be a signing officer
8) shall submit an annual report
1) shall assume the president’s responsibilities in his/her absence
2) shall assist the president in the performance of his/her duties.
3) shall be one of the financial signing officers.
4) shall accept extra duties as required.
- RECORDING SECRETARY
1) shall keep accurate and official minutes of the Council
2) shall distribute minutes to Council members as soon as possible after the last meeting.
3) shall keep an accurate copy of the Constitution and Bylaws and if and when changes are made they shall be done so in red and the copy amended shall be dated and initialed.
4) shall make available on request, to any member of the Council, a copy of the Constitution and Bylaws.
5) shall keep an up-to-date record of the PAC representatives.
6) shall be responsible for maintaining files.
- CORRESPONDING SECRETARY
1) shall conduct all correspondence for the Council.
2) shall cooperate with the president in providing information to the local news media.
1) shall maintain an accurate record of all expenditures of the council.
2) shall receive all funds for the Council.
3) shall disburse funds authorized by the executive and or members.
4) shall give a report of all receipts and expenditures at all General Meetings.
5) should not be a signing officer.
6) shall deposit all funds collected on behalf of the council in an account at a recognized financial institution approved by the executive.
7) shall have the books ready for inspection/audit annually.
8) shall submit an annual financial statement at the Annual General Meeting of the council.
9) shall ensure that another financial signing officer has access to the books in the event of his/her absence.
- LIAISON TO BCCPAC
1) shall act as the liaison between the DPAC and BCCPAC.
2) shall ensure that BCCPAC information is distributed.
3) shall assist PACs and DPAC in maximizing the value of their BCCPAC memberships.
1) shall serve in a capacity to be determined by the Council at the time of their election, and at other times throughout their tenure as the needs of the council might require.
1) shall help smooth transition between presidents.
2) shall assist and advise the council
3) shall act as a consultant for the president.
4) shall chair the nominating committee